Complying with Activatar license

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:47 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2012 at 4:59 AM

Hi,

Could you please qualify the use of Activatar in a commercial product.

As there is only a link to the Activatar dll is this permissible? If so, as the dll would be distributed with the commercial product, how do we fulfil the Ms-RL licensing terms? The product will be downloaded from The Internet, so do we have to maintain a download of Activatar/Ms-RL license terms on our site or just merely provide a link to Activatar.com/Codeplex?

Just checked on the msn site and it gives the license as Ms-PL and Creative Commons. Please can you confirm the licensing terms.

Thanks,

Malc

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hi Malc,

You are free to distribute the Activatar.dll with your commercial product and don't need to distribute the license or a link to the license.

I would only ask you that if you find any bug or any important issue, please contact me or post a comment to make it more reliable.

Thanks,

Alvaro

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Alvaro, that's cleared some confusion up on my part. Can I just say thank you, you've helped me a great deal along the path to getting my project off the ground!

Yes, of course if I find any problems I'll let you know.

Malc

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:14 PM

And a big THANK YOU from me too for showing a true angelic spirit brother Alvaro :)
Can I repay you with some prime numbers that have prime digit sums too? :)
See www.heliwave.com for why Prime numbers are God's signature!
Ali Adams
God > infinity