Product Key Activation system similar to Microsoft products. Generate Product Keys and provide Software Activation based on RSA asymmetric encryption.
Activatar generates unique Product Keys, with information about the software, and provides mechanisms to validate and activate the product, emitting a signed Product License.
The Product Keys are generated by the system with cryptic information that only the server can validate. After activation, the server emits a signed Product License valid only for the machine that activated the product.
To understand a typical use case see an interactive Product Activation here
Some of the features of Activatar are:
- Product Key contains 6 bytes of information that can be used to identify the product name and version, product edition (standard, professional, etc.) and expiration day for a trial version
- Product License contains the same information plus the Product Key creation date and activation date
- Product Activation is based on RSA asymmetric encryption (public/private pair key). Changing the key pair is like changing the algorithm to hide the secret
- Product License contains a hashed value of several machine identifiers to avoid using same license in different computers
- Information sent to the server is hashed, which cannot be used to identify anything from the client
- Extensible and customizable
- Created on Visual Studio 2010 for .Net 4.0
The project contains full functionality an a sample application to evaluate and test the solution.
Product Key generation can also be examinated.
If you find a bug o have any suggestion, please log them as a bug/work item on the Codeplex site.